Caring For Your Hard Cover
Your Sapphire Spa is supplied with a vinyl, key lockable hardcover. All hardcovers contain unique heat sealed foam to prevent moisture retention which can result in added weight and sagging. Our spa covers are top stitched to add strength and durability and use unique, fully key lockable ABS locks.
Maintaining your hardcover should be part of your regular maintenance routine. Dirt acts as an abrasive to the vinyl and can cause wear to the folds, seams and stitching. Keeping your cover clean is quite simple but you must follow a routine for cleaning and treatment with a vinyl protector. Your local Sapphire Spa dealer will be able to assist you with an ideal vinyl protection.
For long lasting results we suggest:
• Rinse the cover with cool water using a garden hose.
• Spray with your preferred protectant and wipe clean.
• For stubborn dirt we suggest a small sponge, similar to one you would use on your car.
• Rinse again thoroughly with water.
• Do not allow children or pets to walk or jump on the hardcover.
• Do not lift or pull your cover by its straps, flaps, skirts or heat seals.
• Never use laundry/dish washing detergents, abrasives, alcohol based products or harsh household cleaners. These can actually remove some of the top coat and cause premature vinyl failure.
• Rotate foam inserts if you notice any sagging or water pooling.
Your Sapphire Spa headrests are designed for bather comfort and require very little maintenance. It is recommended that you remove your headrests to clean behind them when you drain your spa. The headrests are secured by two small lugs at the back and can easily be pulled off with your hands. Thoroughly clean the head rests with a damp cloth or sponge. The headrests are covered by a warranty of two years exclusive only to Sapphire Spas. With care and good chemical balance your head rests will last many years.
Cleaning and maintaining your swim spa is essential for it's longevity and enjoying it to the fullest. Owning a spa pool or swim spa can be a great thing to have but the truth is that some care and maintenance will be required to keep it at optimal conditions. With proper care however, your swim spa will provide you with years of enjoyment for your family and friends and you'll be thankful that you followed the correct protocol for maintaining your investment. We hope you found this blog useful and would love to hear your feedback in the comments.