An outdoor spa pool or swim spa is like nothing else. It’s treasured family time. It’s precious time together with your partner. It’s well deserved quiet
time for yourself. It’s an inspiring exercise machine. It’s a gentle recovery tool. A spa is a part of your everyday life, so choose one that fits
FIRST find a spa manufacturer that ticks the boxes:
- how long has the company been around? Look for a company that’s well established in the industry so they’re around to support you and their product in years to come
- is the company australian owned? This can be important if you’re after replacement parts or technical support
- are the spas and swim spas actually made in australia? If the spas are imported as a complete product, the company possibly won’t have much knowledge on how the spa is built and what’s required to support and repair any issues
- do they claim to be energy efficient and can they demonstrate this?
- are the spas made from optimum components and structurally sound?
- will your purchase be protected by a warranty that is honoured by an australian based company?
- do they provide helpful local customer support?
Sapphire Spas are manufactured right here in Australia with optimum components, sourced from the very best within the industry, every Sapphire Spa is backed by our lifecare commitment for peace of mind. We are australian made & owned and we are proud of the product quality we have achieved.You are not a number at Sapphire Spas, you can contact us at any time to check in on the progress of your much awaited new purchase. We know your spa is one of the most exciting purchases you make, along with a car and home, so we make the experience special. Hand delivered with attention to detail, followed by our lifecare commitment backup via phone support, mySpa@Home tutorials and you tube video demonstrations. If you have any questions about your new spa purchase, we’re right here in Australia, to help. Sapphire Spas have partnerships with Pool & Spa stores Australia wide and throughout New Zealand to provide you with a local showroom, delivery, service and support
Sapphire ticks all these boxes, so how do you choose which Sapphire spa suits you best? Start by asking yourself these questions.....
1. Where are you thinking of putting your spa?
Spas are designed to blend in with the flow of your home. You’ll enjoy using your spa every day if it’s close to your living area or even part of an outdoor room.
Here are some photos of our customers homes to give you ideas.
A spa can be installed:
- on a small balcony or patio - consult a structural engineer to ensure that your balcony/patio is capable of safely and adequately supporting the full weight of your spa when in use
- helicopter or crane delivery - we can deliver your new spa even where road access is not available
- backyard deck - consult a structural engineer to ensure that your decking is capable of safely and adequately supporting the full weight of your spa when in use (people and water add a lot of weight to the spa structure itself)
- paved area - a reinforced concrete slab of at least 100mm for spa pools / 125mm for swim spas is a suitable foundation for your spa
- spa in deck - you can build your deck right up to the edge of the spa cabinet, but the weight of the spa is supported underneath on a concrete slab in a pit for easy access
2. How often should you use a spa?
Spas are designed for daily use, so look for a reliable spa that you can count on every day. Our POWERsmart operating equipment is the most efficient way to keep your spa ready to use 24/7
- mySpa will ‘learn’ about your day-to-day spa usage and actually tune your spa to reduce costly on-demand heating
- programmable off peak heating achieves the lowest possible operating costs
- a dedicated filtration pump with cost effective power consumption provides the highest level of filtration for better water quality
- clearzone is the most efficient sanitisation method, as pure as drinking water with up to 99.5% of bacteria removed
- POWERsmart heat and cool pumps keep your spa at your set temperature 24/7, using up to 75% less energy than an electric element
- a highly insulated spa is the best way to reduce heat loss and keep running costs to a minimum. Our heatlockthermo+ 4 stage insulation system allows Sapphire to create the most energy efficient spa in the World today
3. What budget should I allow for?
Spas can range dramatically in price, from $5000-50,000, depending on the model, size and features. You’ll want to determine which features are most important to you as you narrow down your options to determine your target price.
4. What size spa do you want?
The price of a spa doesn’t necessarily depend on the size or number of people it seats. You can get a smaller spa with lots of jets or a bigger spa with less jets can be cheaper. Basically if a spa has more jets, it requires more pumps to power them, more pumps increase the cost.
It can be tricky to categorise spas; number of jets, how many people it seats and the dimensions of the portable spa in it’s cabinet.
COMPACT: we’ve chosen to start our range with a choice of compact spas; smaller in dimension but this does not mean they’re limted on power. Within our compact spa range are some of our highest spec’d models with powerful hydrotherapy and recliners as comfortable as a lounge chair with jets to massage you from head to toe. These spas are 2m or smaller and best suited to a couple or family with younger kids. Younger children or can easily share a benchseat or smaller seat with less jets; they usually jump around rather than relax anyway. They fit well on small patios and backyards with limited space. myPartner sets the benchmark for compact spa desgin with it’s undercut footwell creating the space typical of a much larger spa model.
FAMILY: if you will have more than 2 adults in your spa, you should move up to one of our family sized spas to make sure Mum and Dad get a seat or recliner full of therapeutic jets. Once your kids are teenagers, they’ll need a seat of their own so you’re not pushed aside. Make sure you allow enough space for everybody’s feet to comfortably rest once your spa is full; most Sapphire spas have extra depth or undercut footwells to give you more room for longer legs and bigger feet. Most family spas have 2 pumps around 60 jets and most are over 2m square. The comfort and design of myObsession was created with performance in mind; his & hers side by side seats cater to the height difference between men and women and our leg massage jet system provides a full body massasge.
LUXURIOUS: we categorise these spas as luxurious because they are much larger in size; around 2.3m square, and most are equipped with 3 pumps to power around 70 jets. In these higher spec’d spas, every seat has enough hydrotherapy jets to provide a strong massage. If you sit in these spas, you’ll notice that the loungers are longer & the seats are deeper with more space overall & in the footwell. We’re most proud of our flagship model, myExtravagance. Our top of the line spa pool is the complete package; fully spec’d with 3 pumps to power multiple hot seats, multi-port cohuna jets and a lounger with it’s own personalised control panel.
ENTERTAIN: if you party every weekend, you should consider purchasing a party sized spa like myTeam, myParty, myFriends or myParadise. These spas create quality time together with family, friends or your sporting team. These spas don’t necessarily have more jets than our luxurious models but a larger body of water, they cater for more people. With some of these spas over 3m long, you’ll easily find a seat for at least 8 people.
SWIM SPAS: Sapphire swim spas are not only our largest spas but, because they can be heated, you can use them as a swimming pool all year round. Swim spas are basically a 24/7 gym in your own backyard with a hydrotherapy massage at the other end. You can swim, walk or run against the jets which are fully adjustable to cater for all levels of swim fitness. With some swim training, kids will be able to swim strokes and hold themselves in the jet stream, but a race to ‘beat the jets’ and be the first to the swim jet end of the spa is just as much fun! Active play of any sort is important for children, especially when technology is such a part of their lives these days. Sapphire swim spas can be built @3.5m, @4.5m and @5m long to fit into most backyards. M5workout is currently our most popular swim spa; have a look here then call to view in store. With our new m6 ready for production this year, this 6m long swim spa in similar in size to a traditional swimming pool but easier to maintain and more efficient to heat & cool.
5. Which areas of your body do you want the spa to target? Sapphire have designed our spas to address as many of the common reasons our customers are looking to incorporate a spa into their everyday life. If you have back problems, a daily gentle hydro massage may assist in your recovery or at least keep the muscles warm and moving. If you’ve been trying to lose the last few stubborn kgs or firm up your hips, thighs and buttock muscles, stimulate blood flow to these areas in one of our full body sculpting loungers; enjoy the benefits of EMS in the comfort of your own backyard.
- neck and shoulder massage system - our wrap-around jet collar hugs your neck to target the pressure points of the neck and shoulder areas of your upper back; reaching deep into muscles where tension is often held. 4 powerful jets have been positioned within our integrated, padded headrest. Each jet can be individually adjusted for water volume & flow direction, allowing you to enjoy a therapeutic massage suited to your needs.
- stimulate problem areas of the thighs & buttocks - exercising in water has added benefits to land-based activity. Your muscles are challenged from all directions by the surrounding water as you swim, jog, walk, run and stretch. Massage jets will stimulate blood flow in problem areas of the thighs and buttocks, simulating the benefits of exercise. weight loss - regular low impact exercise is recommended by weight loss professionals as a ‘fat burning’ activity. If regular exercise is not always possible, or if you are just feeling lazy, a spa pool can simulate the beneficial effects of exercise.
- back pain - most of us build up tension through our postural muscles and the muscles of our back, neck and shoulders. These muscles will often feel worse with rest; they actually respond much better to massage and movement to alleviate stiffness and support the healing process. Our swim spas provide a supportive environment for gentle remedial stretches and exercise, protecting muscles with the warm water of your spa.
- maintain motion - the warm water of a spa pool is a safe, supportive aid to relieving the pain and stiffness of arthritis. Your body becomes almost weightless as it’s submerged in water, helping to ease discomfort caused by stiff joints, keep them moving, increase their range of motion and maintain muscle strength.
- do you sleep well? - A good nights sleep is vital to our overall health and well-being and still, millions of people either do not get enough sleep or suffer from other sleep related problems. The warm water and relaxation effect of a spa pool may provide a natural remedy for a restful, full nights sleep.
- reflexology footcell - stimulate pressure points within the soles of your feet. Based on the theory that stimulation of pressure points within the soles of your feet will benefit your entire body, we have strategically positioned jets to create the ultimate massage system. Whilst supporting your feet and lower legs, our ‘at rest’ angled foot recess will treat your aching feet to a ‘foot rub’ that never has to end.
- cardio workout - swim jets integrated into your spa pool can simulate a lap session at your local pool, a high endurance ocean swim, a demanding 10km run or a fat burning walk down the street. Exercising in water is more demanding than land-based activity; your muscles are challenged from all directions by the surrounding water. So as you swim, walk, jog or run against the powerful swim jets, you multiply the benefit of your cardio workout just by being in water.
- core strength - pilates is becoming increasingly popular for developing core strength. Supported by the buoyancy of the surrounding water, you can work your core by simply standing against the water pressure of your swim jets.
- oxygendetox ‘bed of bubbles’ - this air jet system relaxes, not only your muscles, but your entire body, nervous system and even your mind. It also promotes healthy circulation, stomach digestion, lung function and can help your lymphatic system get rid of toxins and waste which may reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- elderly and rehabilitation - with the assistance of our support bar, those of you requiring help with stability can still use a swim spa with confidence. Any exercise, stretch or mild cardio can just as effectively be performed whilst holding the bar, mounted in front of the swim jets, for support.
- resistance work/ body building - take a resistance band into your spa and just experiment. During the development of our fluidfitness training system, we have been trialling all the classic exercises you can perform with a band, and found that we can increase the intensity of the workout by creating further resistance and instability when powering up the swim jets.
- recovery - once your swim training is complete, move across to the therapy seats, packed with a powerful array of jets, to stimulate blood flow & encourage muscle recovery.
- stretch - the warm water of your spa will increase blood flow, enhancing your workout with greater mobility and protecting your muscles with a more effective post training stretch
Hopefully this information has helped you visualise how a Sapphire Spa can integrate into your everyday life. If you’re ready to bring the family and test out some of our different models, please contact us to visit your local mySpa store. With all this in mind, the next best way to decide on your spa is to sit in them and see how they feel..... have fun!